Hi, feel free to share your ideas and knowledge related to the software processes 🙂
1)What is Software quality?
- The degree to which a system,component or process meets specified requirements.
2)What is Ethics?
- Moral responsibility to do the right thing.
- Meaning—> Ethics is concerned with what is good for individuals and society.
3)What is Engineering?
- “Engineering is a creative process of synthesizing and implementing the knowledge and experience of humanity to enhance the welfare,health and safety of all members of the community,with due regard to the environment in which they live and the sustainability of the resources employed”-The Institute of Engineers,Australia (2000 Code of Ethics)
- In simple Terms—>Engineering is the application of scientific knowledge to solving in the real world.
4)Are software engineers,engineers?
- Yes,because software engineering is the application of a systematic,disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development,operation and maintenance of software and that is the application of engineering to software.
5)As IT professionals, what is the right thing to do?
- Develop something good.
- Develop software to improve quality of the life of people by focusing on quality,reliability etc.
6)Why do we care about ethics?
*By Ethics Considerations
- Because if software doesn’t work properly human live is at risk.
eg:- Special interests,large corporations and government offices can waste taxpayer’s money inappropriately.
*By Social Considerations
- If software engineers are careless and just do their job,
*Lots of failures will be there in the software.
*Hindering the development of the field.
7)Who care about ethics?
**Don’t forget to refer Code of Ethics by IEEE and ACS .
feel free to share your ideas and knowledge related to the software processes 🙂